The conference is held in the main auditorium of the Institute of Physics, located at the Philosopher’s Walk one of Heidelberg’s tourist attractions, in walking distance from the city centre. The Philosopher’s Walk derives its name from Heidelberg's philosophers and university teachers who walked and talked here. Even today, this famous and inspiring path offers new sights and insights.
The building of the Institute of Physics was erected between 1907 and 1912 for Nobel Laureate Philipp Lenard. His successors (among others Walter Bothe, Hans Kopfermann and Otto Haxel) developed the institute to an internationally recognized centre for atomic, nuclear and elementary particle physics.
Location Map of the Institute of Physics
All conference hotels are in walking distance from the institute. To cross the Neckar use the Theodor-Heuss-Brücke.
To reach the institute from the main station (northern exit), use tram line 5 (direction Bismarkplatz) and get-off at the stop (H) Brückenstrasse . Ticket: City-Tarif Heidelberg (1,00 Euro)